Tips how to write persuasive essay
Writing a persuasive essay is not as simple, as it may seem at first. You not only need to choose a proper topic, write a catchy introductory section and ending but also provide all your arguments persuasively.
This type of essay aims to check your writing skills, an ability to collect information and, of course, a talent to persuade. Your topic may not be the most powerful one and your arguments might have a weak structure but you still need to stand on your ground and make the audience accept your point of view.
Follow our tips or buy a research paper to make your essay written according to all the requirements!
How to start writing your persuasive essay
Every day students want to learn how to start a college application essay or to show their persuasiveness ability. It is much simpler than it seems and you just need to know key elements, any writer uses in his work:
- Take a side. You should decide, which side you are on and stick to it;
- Know your audience. It is important to know who you are writing for, when structuring your arguments;
- Take time for research. To add persuasion to every element of your essay, you need to spend enough time on collecting proper and credible information;
- Choose strong evidence. You should not only rely on facts but also choose evidence, which will leave no ground to doubts.
Make a first draft of your work
Now when you know how to write an argumentative essay, you need to start your work on the introduction and first ‘sketches’ of your work, processing various topics for better performance.
Don’t worry, you can change drafts as many times as you need before you are satisfied with the results. Successful writers never start writing their paper with the final version and rewrite everything over and over again until it becomes flawless.
Proofreading and correcting errors
It doesn’t matter what type of essays you complete: you should always check every line to eliminate all the possible mistakes. Try to have enough time before the delivery to make sure your assignment contains no lexical and grammar errors, and meets all the requirements, clearly reflecting your position.
If you are not sure whether your introductions and ends render the main idea, you can ask your friends, relatives or other students to read your essay. In such a way, you will not only eliminate the mistakes you haven’t noticed but will also make the whole text readable and smooth.
It is not enough to know how to write a persuasive essay, it is also important to polish it again and again until you are satisfied with the result.
Check finished work
Writing a persuasive essay is quite a challenging and interesting task, which results in persuading the reader whether your point of view is correct. To make sure that you get the highest possible grades, you need to check the completed work to see whether it matches your tutor’s requirements and follows all the formatting guidelines.
If you don’t have a wish to complete it on your own, you can always reach us! Every author writers an essay as if it is his own, which guarantees the best result.
Persuasive essay topics
- Should students be allowed to have phones in elementary and high schools?
- Should students have to wear uniforms?
- Should college athletes be paid for playing?
- Should the elderly receive free bus rides?
- Should state colleges be free to attend?
- Should all American citizens have to complete a year of community service?
- Should students be required to take Spanish classes?
- Should marijuana be legal for medicinal purposes?
- Should the voting age be lowered to thirteen?
- Should the driving age be raised to twenty-one?
- Should students be paid for having good grades?
- Should illegal immigrants be allowed to get drivers licenses?
- Should not wearing a seat-belt be illegal?
- Should student’s textbooks be replaced by notebook computers or tablets?
- Should students have to pass a basic skills test to graduate high school?
- Should schools raise money by selling candy and sugary soft drinks to students?
- Should schools serve french-fries and fried potato products to students at lunch?
- Should students’ grades in gym affect their grade point averages?
- Should girls be allowed to play on boys sports teams?
- Should teens be able to buy violent video games?
- Should boys and girls be in separate classes?
- Should teenage girls be allowed to get birth control without the permission of their parents?
- Should our country have free health care?
- Should immigration laws be reformed?